Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Today I listened to a lecture with a friend. I felt very excited because the lecture I chose is Psychology!! I had never thought about learn anything about Psychology before I searched the courses. I always thought that psychology is very difficult and I'm a little scared of psychologist because they may what I'm thinking right now. So before I listened the lecture, I was afraid that I could not understand the professor. But after I went to the classroom, it became not that scared. I chatted with my friend so that I could not be so nervous. The professor spoke so fast that I could not follow him at first. Later I could follow some of his speech because he had a ppt of outline and the topic became really interesting. This lecture talked about emotion, and it focus on facial expression. He let us see some videos on youtube. The video was about a series of questions to a man, and psychologist analyzed that the man was angry when he was asked a question, though he didn't admit he was angry. The clue was a very tiny change on his face. After we saw the video again, we found the tiny change!! There was another video which was about a suspect being asked whether he had stolen the money. Though he said he didn't steal any money, psychologists found clues on his mouth that proved he told lies. It really surprised me that how could they tell the truth just by watching the tiny movements on one's face!! This lecture was really very interesting; however, I still don't want to change my mind. I still don't want to study psychology because I don't want to scare others..........

No comments: