Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year !

Today is Chinese New Year. It's the biggest festival in China. Chinese people get together with thier families. No matter where they are, they will try their best to go home to celebrate it with family. The troditional way to celebrate the New Year is cooking and having dumplings, watching the celebration on CCTV and making many beartiful fires. This is the first New Year that I spend out of China. But I still want to celebrate it just like I was in China. I got up at 5pm this morning, because it was 8pm in China, and the celebration on CCTV began at that time. My mom and I were making dumplings while we were watching the celebration on line. We used to celebrated the New Year in my grandpa's house with my uncles, aunts and my cusions. We talked and laughed when we watched TV. Usually the work of making dumplings belongs to my mom, my aunts and my grandma, so my Dad,uncles, my cusions and I just play anything we want. When the clock clicked 12 times, the biggest time came. We began to say "Happy New Year" to higher generations, and we could also recive some money from them. The money means that we will be healthy and happy next year.Then we could go outside to make many beautiful and large fires. After we felt tired about that, dumplings would be ready. To eat dumplings at 12am at the New Year ialso means lucky. This New year seems a little boring because we could not celebrate it with relatives in China, but what the begining likes in a new years means what it will be in the next year. So I have to be happy the whole day. haha~~
Happy New Year to every Chinese people!

2 comments:

Helen said...

LOL.
Happy new year.
I just like this time every year and enjoy watching CCTV show.
I saw my Jay Zhou so handsome that cannot describe!!!!!lol

Scott Douglas said...

Happy New Year! I went to T&T and I bought lots of Chinese New Year treats!!